Just so you know, questions are recorded for quality purposes. For more information, please visit our privacy notice here.

My stopcock / stoptap won't turn

We're sorry to hear you are having issues turning on your supply.

If the stopcock is internal, you may need to get a plumber (if the property is owned) to resolve this for you as sometimes they can seize up. If you rent, your landlord or housing association / council will need to address this issue.

It's important that your supply can be turned off and on easily in case of a leak.

If the stopcock is external and located near your water meter, then this is something we can assist with. Please call our Operations Team on 03457 145 145. 

Powered by Synthetix